We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Shawl Collar Cardi is a fun project you can do with a small amount of yarn and some needles. The collar is shaped like a “V” shape and consists of two rows of increases shaped like two Vs that are connected by a line, which creates the V shape.
This design is best suited for someone who likes to show off their necklines! It’s different from most cardis because it’s not as full and could be worn by anyone. Shawl Collar Cardi is great for beginners because it’s easy to learn how to make and there are no complicated techniques involved.
Benefits of Shawl Collar Cardi
1. Shawl Collar Cardi is a simple yet beautiful cardi that can be worn by anyone.
This cardigan has a wide neckband and shoulders. There is no shaping or seaming, so it’s very easy to make the collar.
2. The two rows of increases are shaped like two Vs that are connected by a line, which creates the V shape. This means that the shaping is kept small, which helps to make the cardigan sleek and sexy while giving it a full appearance.
3. The sweater can be knitted in any color you like as long as you are able to knit stripes in different colors on each side of the V shape. This will give your cardigan stunning detail.
4. Think of Shawl Collar Cardi as a chart! If you’re not sure how to make the V shape, don’t be afraid to look up the pattern online and follow along. This is where you’ll find more helpful information on how to make the increases in different colors.
5. It’s easy to add or subtract stitches. You can do a multiple of 4 (5 – 8) for your body or 5 for the neckband, but it is not necessary (more on that later). This means that no matter which you choose, it’s easy to adjust the size according to your measurements.
6. The collar is knit at the end. This means that if you do not increase, you will have a neckline on the sweater. If you add some additional stitches, then you can use a smaller yarn to make a shorter neckline as seen in this pattern’s sample pictures.