We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
France: the Eiffel Tower is a universal symbol of Paris and France that has been in existence for 125 years. The Tower was built after the idea by the engineer Gustave Eiffel, who wanted to construct a tower as high as possible. On March 31st, 1889 it was ready and on December 25th, 1889 it was inaugurated at the Champ de Mars in Paris. It is erected on 7.6 million rivets with a height of 300 meters or 984 feet 1 inch with a viewing platform 159 feet 2 inches above ground level.
Why visit France: the Eiffel Tower
1. The Eiffel Tower is a landmark that every visitor to Paris remembers. It is also one of the Seven Wonders of the World and it has been included among the UNESCO World Heritage Sites in 1987.
2. The Eiffel Tower is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Paris visited by 1 million people per year and remains one of the highest-grossing tourist attractions around the world with annual revenues reported at $300 million US dollars, bringing in up to 40% of total admissions income for Paris, France’s capital city.
3. The Eiffel Tower is a perfect place to enjoy the beautiful city of Paris and the breathtaking view of the city below. You can also see the Notre Dame Cathedral and River Seine from the platform too.
4. The Tower was designed by Alexandre Gustave Eiffel, the engineer who built it, with the idea of constructing a tower as high as possible.
5. The Tower was originally built to be a gateway to the 1889 World’s Fair or Exposition Universelle in Paris which celebrated 100 years since French Revolution.
6. The Eiffel Tower has been featured in several movies and TV shows including the popular art movie titled “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest” and the TV series “Friends”.