We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
If you’re sitting in a chair all day, you need to make sure that it’s the perfect fit for your body and your work. Otherwise, new aches and pains can develop as a result of bad posture, or you might even find yourself going home early every day. The following is a comprehensive guide to choosing the perfect office chair:
1. Size: Generally, the higher the seat height of a chair, the more comfortable it will be for your lower back. If you sit at a desk for many hours each day, you might want to consider a chair with a slightly higher seat height.
2. Armrests: Having adjustable or pivot armrests can allow you to position them comfortably at almost any angle. You should try to avoid chairs with fixed armrests, as they make it harder to adjust when needed.
3. Back: You should also take into consideration the back of the chair. If you move around a lot while sitting, you might want to choose a chair with a breathable mesh back or one that is designed to prevent sweating and sliding.
4. Seat: The seat should be made of durable materials, such as leather or fabric. The seat should also have a thick enough cushion to allow your weight to sit comfortably on your thighs rather than on your knees.
5. Adjustment levers: Ideally, you should be able to adjust the height, width, and tilt of any office chair within seconds using simple adjustment buttons or levers that allow for quick adjustments when needed.
6. Wheels: While most of these chairs with wheels are designed for office use, you should choose one that is designed for both indoor and outdoor use. If you plan to move your chair a lot, you should choose one that’s lightweight and has locking wheels.
7. Extras: Extras such as built-in desks, cup holders and unusual colors can make your chair perfect for almost any working environment.
You should choose a chair that feels well-balanced, supports your back, and keeps your feet in place. If you’re on a budget, you can check out some office chairs at Local Home Furnishings; they have a large variety of chairs that are designed to fit almost any workplace.