We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Buying a new light fixture can be difficult, but when you follow these basic guidelines and tips, it should lead to an easier decision. Whether you’d like the fixture to cast downward lighting or upward lighting, we’ve got some ideas for your consideration.
1. Look for a fixture that complements your house’s architecture. A lot of fixtures can be found with a lot of colors and styles and shapes. If you want one to fit in with your house’s architecture, try to find one that has features that compliment the style of your home.
2. A fixture should be large enough for the room it is intended for. The square footage of a room varies between homes, so make sure the lamp you want will fit in well with the space you have before buying it.
3. While it’s okay to have a fixture in a room that is not being used, make sure it can be used. In order to use an item, you should be able to turn it on and off by simply running your hand over it.
4. Evaluate the peak wattage of the lamp. A lot of modern lamps are made with LED lights and come with their own on/off switch, but not all fixtures have them. If you want one to light a room as opposed to casting a downward glow, make sure it comes with this feature.
5. Find out how much light the lamp can emit. For example, if you want one in your living room, figuring out how many watts the bulb has is important. It should be at least 75 watts to provide sufficient lighting in a room that’s larger than 15 square feet.
6. You may need additional adapters or bulb types to use your fixture on specific types of lamps or bulbs.
7. Make sure the lamp is secure. If there are no mounting brackets or clips, it shouldn’t wobble or fall out.
8. When purchasing fixtures, make sure you have bulbs that match the lamp’s colors. This is important if you use your lamps for decorative purposes for the holidays, but it’s also useful for general lighting needs in the home.
9. Take a peek at where the light will be placed to determine whether it will be cast upward or downward.
It is important to know what kind of lighting a certain lamp will provide. A lot of lamps can be found in different styles and colors, but if you follow the steps in this article, you should be able to choose one that suits your needs.