We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Steak refers to the meat from a cow, steer, ox or bull. One of the most popular steak cuts is the rib eye. Steaks can be enjoyed as a quick meal that is high in protein and other nutrients. For example, grilled or pan-fried steaks are easy to make for dinner for your family and friends when you’re not feeling too creative.
How to cook a steak? There are some ways how to cook steak that you can do. This information will be helpful for you to improve your cooking skills. Here are some tips on how to cook a steak according to the type of steak you have.
A recipe for how to cook steak
How to cook medium-rare or medium steaks? Well, if this is your type of steak and you choose it, you can follow the instructions listed below:
1. Connect your oven and heat it to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. You need a baking sheet that is covered with aluminum foil and a meat thermometer. Leave it aside while your stove is heating up.
2. Using a sharp knife, cut the steak evenly into parts.
3. Transfer the meat to the baking sheet and place it in your oven. Remember to leave it for about three minutes before you check back on it and flip it over to cook both sides evenly.
4. Take out of the oven after five minutes and insert the thermometer into its thickest part. If your steak is medium-rare or medium, then the temperature should be about 125 degrees Fahrenheit internal temperature when you insert it in there.
For medium to well-done steak, the thermometer should say 145 degrees Fahrenheit. So, if this is your goal, then you need to cook it for about ten minutes. If you want it well done, then you can use about 20 minutes for cooking for that result.
5. Once done, set aside the steak and let it rest for a few minutes before cutting it into it and slicing it into parts.
6. Serve it with your choice of side dishes that can go with your steak, like mashed potatoes and broccoli, if you want it to be a healthy and delicious meal.
There are many recipes on how to cook a steak on the internet or in cookbooks that you can follow for better results. So, if this is something new to you, take some time in reading about the type of steak you have and follow the steps of cooking that are provided for this information.